Saturday, April 19, 2008

Sam is now 5 years old!

Our nephew Sam just turned 5 on the 18th. Amanda and Joe had a party for him with a pinata, a bouncy house, and lots of food! I made the birthday cake being as that I now have lots of "Car" cake experience. :o) He had a Hot Wheels theme for the party so we did a Hot Wheels Car Cake. It was pretty hilarious watching a bunch of 2-5 year olds try to whack away at a pinata. That thing was stubborn and didn't want to budge! I don't think we really needed to blindfold the kids...they had trouble hitting it as it was. :o) There were lots of goodies inside when it finally got opened though. Have to have a pinata at a California birthday party. Here's to Sam and being 5...may it be the best year of his life...so far! :o) Happy Birthday Sam.
Sam blowing out the candles on his birthday cake.
Bennett taking a his first ever whack at a pinata. :o)
Bennett and his blue face after eating tons of blue frosting on the last piece of birthday cake.
Hot Wheels Car Birthday Cake.
Video of Bennett courtesy of Cheryl. Bennett thinks he is just so sneaky as he sneaks the last piece of birthday cake off of the table while he thinks that no one is looking! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how they think they are so sneaky, but they are totally caught! I hope they always have that false security--especially when they are teenagers:)