Thursday, April 10, 2008

Cheryl's new doggie - Bennett's new best friend!

Cheryl adopted a new rescue doggie last week. She is a one year old female and no one is really sure what breed or breeds she is made up of! She is a mutt for sure. Cheryl is still trying to find a good name for her, but Riley seems to be sticking so far. At least she answers to it pretty well. For now, we could just call her Bennett's BFF (texting language for Best Friend Forever :o) Bennett was in HEAVEN today with her. Of course, he was learning the finer points of training said pooch in the fine arts of fetch, sit, walk on a leash, and run away from me when I am trying to spray you with a water spray bottle. :o) (Poor Riley got chased around my mom's yard for about 30 minutes by Bennett who was spraying her with water and running away giggling.) He is a boy...what can I say! It was great though because they both ran each other for 3 hours straight and just didn't seem to want to stop. They exercised each other! The doggie is pretty good with Bennett. Bennett just loved her. Boys need dogs...I am convinced of that. But not convinced enough to get my own of course! For now we will live vicariously through everyone else's doggies! :o)
Riley (her name for today!)
Bennett throwing the ball for Riley....who is fetching the ball though? We weren't sure. :o)
Bennett learning or errr "teaching" the art of leash walking a doggie.
Bennett and his new BFF Riley. :o)

3 comments:

Pat Lenhart said...

They can play catch in my yard anytime! It's an hour later and the dog is worn out, how about Bennett?

Anonymous said...

That dog is awesome! She looks so pretty and calm. We would LOVE to have a dog and have thought abou it several times. Just can't pull the trigger yet. I'm busy with with my 3 kids (Neal included) to add another living thing to take care:) Those pictures are precious.

Cheryl Lenhart said...

That's my new baby girl! She is a shelter rescue and there was a reason that she was there. Her old owner let her sleep on the bed and she keeps jumping (four times in two weeks) up only to be turned away (I know, it breaks my heart too). I made her a bed of her own and mostly she is very content to be there. She is very sweet and I am working with her closely and molding her into a really great dog though. In the mean time, the hour long walks are great and working their magic in many ways. I hope that Bennett knows someday that I picked her out especially for him! That boy really needs a dog to keep him out of "Monnies" hair!